The Design of the Newspaper
Home Design of Newspaper Rubric Teacher Notes
You have completed your final drafts for your newspaper. Now you are ready to put your newspaper together.
You will need the following:
· white construction paper (at least two sheets)
· drawings or pictures of the Civil War
· glue stick (no staples or scotch-tape)
Order of news articles:
1. Headline Story: Fort Sumter (front page)
2. Special Feature: Your choice
3. Interview of a Soldier
4. Editorial: Slavery
5. Political Cartoon
6. Movie Review: Glory
Design of newspaper
1. On the front , beginning at the top of the newspaper, you must have the...
· Title of your newspaper (Are you a Southern or Northern newspaper?)
· Cost of your newspaper (5 to 10 cents)
· Name of Publisher (that's you!)
· Date: April 12, 1861 - April 9, 1865
THE SOUTHERN BELLE
Published by Tom Smith
April 12, 1861 - April 9, 1865
Price: 5 cents
South Victorious at Fort Sumter!
2. Each article should have a graphic: a picture or drawing. Use the picture handout or copy pictures from any book of your choice.
You can find pictures by Matthew Brady to insert into your newspaper:
3. Be neat. Do not use too much glue (use a glue stick). Do not use a stapler or scotch tape.
4. Make sure all writing is in black pen or typed.
5. Date Due:
6. Points Possible: