SUGGESTIONS FOR FRIENDLY QUESTIONS :)
Directions: How would your assigned character in history answer these questions, if they were asked by a friendly reporter? Write your answers on a piece of binder paper.
· How are slaves treated?
· How do you view the whites?
· You visited your husband's plantation hospital. What were the conditions like?
· Were slaves ever whipped on the plantation?
· You are an escaped slave. Tell us why you ran away.
· What are your feelings about your experience.
· You were five years old when your were sold at an auction. What happens at a slave auction?
· What happened when you and your family were auctioned?
· Can you give us some examples of how you treated your slaves?
· Would you say that your slaves are happy to be slaves?
· Though a slave, you were converted to Christianity. How has this affected your view of slavery?
· Do you wish to be free? Why or why not?
· You visited many plantations and experienced slavery. What did you see about how the slaves were treated?
· Did you see any of the slaves get whipped?
· You believe God himself approves of slavery. Can you tell us why?
· You believe slavery does more good than harm. Can you tell us why?